After the war the 44 389 was found damaged at the station Braunschweig. The refurbishment was carried out in 1947 by Henschel in Kassel. The 44 389 was the last scheduled steam train in the station Kreiensen they on 29 May 1976. After external processing and preservation, it was placed at display in October 1977 in Altenbeken on Eggemuseum (Alte Kirchweg).
|Diameter driving wheels||1400 mm|
|Weight full||110 ton|
|Overheated area||100 m2|
|Grate area||5 m2|
|Cilinders||3: 550x660 mm|
|Fuel capacity||coal: 10 ton|
|Water capacity||32 m3|
|Remarks||Engines for work on freight trains in the mountains. The first were build in 1926. The last in 1949. In total 1989 engines were build. Many engines continued their work outsite Germany after WW II.|
|1941||Build for||Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft||44||/ 44 389|
|1945||Take over by||Deutsche Bundesbahn||44||/ 44 389|
|1958||Renumbered by||Deutsche Bundesbahn||44||/ 044 389-5|
|1976||Sold to||Eggemuseum||44||/ 044 389-5|
Links to other sites
Forum topics regarding this engine:
There are no specific topics regarding this engine.