4612 details on steamloco.info

Story

After active service, the engine was sent to the scrapyard in Barry. Rescued from there in 1981, No 4612 was bought by the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway as a source of spare parts for sister engine No 5775. The pannier tank was then purchased by Elaine & Ray Treadwell in 1987 and extensively restored, latterly at the Flour Mill workshop in the Forest of Dean. In 2000 the loco was purchased by the Bodmin & Wenford Railway Trust and launched back into service on 29 July 2001. Following 10 Year overhaul, the locomotive arrived back at Bodmin in August 2013, in GWR green livery.

Technical details

History

DateEventOwnerSeriesIdentification
1942 Build for Great Western Railway 5700 / 4612
1948 Take over by British Railways 5700 / 4612
1965 Sold to Woodham Brothers (Barry Scrapyard) 5700 / 4612
1981 Sold to Keighley and Worth Valley Railway 5700 / 4612
1987 Sold to Private owner 5700 / 4612
2000 Sold to Bodmin and Wenford Railway 5700 / 4612

Videos

Links to other sites

Photos

Forum topics regarding this engine:

There are no specific topics regarding this engine.

Write A Comment

Sorry, you have to be signed in to write a comment.

Video

More videos...