After its working life at the German state railroad company the engine became a heating boiler. In 1978 it was placed on a pedestal together with a signal and a watertube in the city Aulendorf. During this time the engine was looked after by volunteers. In 2010 the city counsel sold the engine for 11.000 euro to the Historic Railwaypark Niederrhein Foundation. Their aim is to restore the engine in running condition.
|Diameter driving wheels||1400 mm|
|Weight full||146 ton|
|Overheated area||69 m2|
|Grate area||4 m2|
|Cilinders||2: 600x660 mm|
|Water capacity||30 m3|
|Remarks||The development of this class started in 1937 as a replacement for the old freight-train engines in Germany. From this series special simplified versions were derived during the war. After the war many were converted in Eastern Germany (rebuild).|
Forum topics regarding this engine:
There are no specific topics regarding this engine.