One of the many standard class 44 engines build. This engine was retrofitted to oil-firing to minimise the effort for running this locomotive. After active service it was put on display in front of a chocolate factory Stollwerck in Porz-Westhoven. On october 27th 2006 the engine was sold to the VSM.
|Diameter driving wheels||1400 mm|
|Weight full||110 ton|
|Overheated area||100 m2|
|Grate area||5 m2|
|Cilinders||3: 550x660 mm|
|Fuel capacity||coal: 10 ton|
|Water capacity||32 m3|
|Remarks||Engines for work on freight trains in the mountains. The first were build in 1926. The last in 1949. In total 1989 engines were build. Many engines continued their work outsite Germany after WW II.|
|1942||Build for||Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft||44||/ 44 1085|
|1949||Take over by||Deutsche Bundesbahn||44||/ 44 1085|
|1968||Renumbered by||Deutsche Bundesbahn||43||/ 043 085|
|1979||Sold to||Stollwerck||44||/ 44 1085|
|2006||Sold to||Veluwsche Stoomtrein Maatschappij||44||/ 44 1085|
Links to other sites
Forum topics regarding this engine:
There are no specific topics regarding this engine.
Write A Comment
Sorry, you have to be signed in to write a comment.
Connect With Us