This engine was In 1975 this engine was equiped with a Riggenbach counter-pressure brake. This was to serve as braking-engine on testruns with electrical locomotives.
|Diameter driving wheels||1400 mm|
|Weight full||110 ton|
|Overheated area||100 m2|
|Grate area||5 m2|
|Cilinders||3: 550x660 mm|
|Fuel capacity||coal: 10 ton|
|Water capacity||32 m3|
|Remarks||Engines for work on freight trains in the mountains. The first were build in 1926. The last in 1949. In total 1989 engines were build. Many engines continued their work outsite Germany after WW II.|
|1941||Build for||Deutsche Reichsbahn Gesellschaft||44||/ 44 404|
|1949||Take over by||Deutsche Bundesbahn||44||/ 44 404|
|1968||Renumbered by||Deutsche Bundesbahn||44||/ 044 404-2|
|1977||Sold to||Deutsche Museums-Eisenbahn GmbH / Bahnwelt Darmstadt-Kranichstein||44||/ 44 404|
Links to other sites
Forum topics regarding this engine:
There are no specific topics regarding this engine.