Steam locomotive No. 58 was the second of the two first locomotives to be built in Finland as a production experiment by Finnish State Railways to assess the advantages of locomotive building locally. A5 Class No. 58 was still hauling passenger trains in Southern Finland in the 1920s, and was used in its final years for permanent way trains for railway construction work. In 1876, A5 Class No. 58 was on show at the first Finnish general industrial exhibition in Helsinki that was attended by Alexander II.
Links to other sites
Forum topics regarding this engine:
There are no specific topics regarding this engine.