After its retirement from mainline service, 4960 ran excursions for the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad from December 29, 1959 to July 17, 1966. The engine was retired to the Circus World Museum in Baraboo, Wisconson. Then it was displayed at the Mid-Continent Railway Historical Society museum at North Freedom, Wisconson. It ran excursions for the Bristol & North Western Railroad in Bristol, Virginia from 1981 to 1984. It was moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana in March 1985 and remained in storage until 1989, when it was disassembled and shipped to Williams, Arizona on flat cars. It was thoroughly rebuilt from 1993 to 1995. It is now refitted with an installation to burn vegetable re-used oil.
Forum topics regarding this engine:
There are no specific topics regarding this engine.