No.3 was constructed by Lima in 1909 and was originally Santa Barbara Tie & Pole Company No.1. It first worked out of Hodges, New Mexico, but in the 1920s it was sold and moved to Alta, Utah, for use by the Little Cottonwood Transportation Company (Salt Lake & Alta Railroad) where it was renumbered 3. When that company closed in the 1930s, the engine changed hands again, becoming the property of the Pioche Pacific, a Nevada mining road. In 1948 No.3 was purchased by a private owner, and eventually wound up on display in Boulder City, where, perched on a hillside, it was used as a billboard by the the Hacienda Hotel & Casino of Boulder City that owned it. In november 2003 it was purchased by the non-profit West Side Narrow Gauge Preservation, which is working to restore an abandoned portion of the famed West Side Lumber Company
Forum topics regarding this engine:
There are no specific topics regarding this engine.